Electricity usage is one of the highest operating expenses the hotel industry incurs. The cost of electricity has risen drastically in the past few years and will only continue to rise. Conservation is quickly becoming the cheapest and easiest solution to the problem. On average, 90% of wasted electricity usage comes from the guestroom, which can be your property’s most unmanaged resource. Your guestroom’s Air Conditioning/Heating (HVAC) system can represent 70% – 90% of that wasted electricity. The ECOSYSTEM solution manages energy reduction in any environment with a HVAC, allowing a hotel to save 25% to 40% on their (HVAC) costs.
ECOSYSTEM: is made up of 3 components and intelligently controls the HVAC in the hotel room.
ECOSYSTEM uses advanced wireless technology which makes installation very simple. The system was engineered for the worldwide market and easily adapts to any hotel, regardless of construction or HVAC type. Installation can be accomplished in approximately 45 minutes ensuring your guest rooms remain available for sale.
Room is Occupied
- Guest Enters the room and the door micro switch ‘knows’ the room is occupied
- Movement Detector (disguised as a smoke a detector), detects movement
- System is in “occupied” mode so guest has full control of heating and cooling
Later on, say your guest goes out for dinner…
- Guest Leaves the room and the door micro switch ‘knows’ someone may have left the room
- Motion detector ‘looks’ for movement for next 30 minutes (duration set by property). If movement is detected, system remains in “occupied” mode. If no movement is detected…
- System is in “unoccupied” mode and turns off or resets HVAC to a temperature pre-set by the property